Most people think that dog training is all about teaching our dog companions how to sit, come and lie down. The reality is that dogs already know how to do these things. They do not have to learn it from us.
Have you ever contemplated why animal babies, when living with their parents, never seem to have any issues? It is when these wonderful beings start living with us that the problems often begin. Why is that?
It is because:
We do not know or speak their language.
We do not know what we want.
We do not know how to “teach” our dog companions.
We do not know how animals really learn, and
we do not know how they actually understand us.
Is it any wonder that so many dog ‘training’ attempts fail, take forever, or doom a wonderful dog to be living a caged life without any joy, excitement or freedom?
It is not the animals’ fault that they don’t know what we want them to do or not do, or don’t understand how to live in our human world which is totally foreign and unnatural to them. How would you feel if all of a sudden you were taken to a different planet and were punished being yourself and didn’t instantaneously understand how to act, or what was expected from you?
Have you ever taken the time to look into the eyes of a dog that is totally in the moment, joyful, trusting and open, enjoying his or her life without any negativity? Then, when the dog gets punished-seemingly, to him or her, for no reason-have you noticed the hurt, the disbelief, and the total loss of trust in the eyes of this innocent soul?
For several hundred years, our approach to training animals has not really changed. The methods might be different, but the core of the training is still the same. Actions are either rewarded or punished, and nothing else.
Over the years, as I have helped people to teach their dog companions in private and group sessions, and in my profession as an animal communications expert, I have seen these same issues over and over again.
It is time to leave the Stone Ages behind and welcome ‘Dog Training Teaching’ for the 21st century. ‘Dog Training Teaching’ is all about learning how to understand our dog companions, and being able to teach them how to live in our human world.
Let me teach you:
– Why good dog training actually starts before your dog companion joins your family.
– How to avoid or reverse the mistakes that are commonly made when bringing a new dog companion into your home, and training your dog companion.
– How to discover what you really want to teach your dog companion.
– How dogs actually learn, and how they understand you.
– Why commands don’t really teach dogs anything; dog training is more than just cuing your dog companion to certain words.
– How to effectively teach your dog companion commands teaching words.
– How to teach your dog companion to live in your environment, and understand what you actually want.
– How to really tap into the power of praise.
– How to manage potty education.
– How to get your dog companion to cooperate easily.
– How to truly become your dog companion’s best friend.
With this new knowledge, it will be easy for you to guide your dog companion to live a happy, joyful and fulfilled life in our human environment. You will be able to build a deep and wonderful relationship with your dog family member that is based on love, respect and dignity, and will last a lifetime.
Don’t miss this paradigm shifting course. ‘Dog Training Teaching’ finally takes dog training out of the Stone Ages and into the 21st century.
All the principles taught in this course can be applied to any ‘teaching’ for any of your animal companions.
Please stay tuned for our next event.